From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject An open letter to Kelvin and Johan
Date Mon, 04 Oct 2010 15:35:14 GMT
Kelvin and Johan,

I've offered too much criticism and not enough encouragement for your
work on distributed counters, for which I apologize.  It's a tough
problem, and one which I did not fully understand at first --
resulting in several comments that must have seemed offensively obtuse
to people [i.e., you] who had been working on it for months.

I don't want this to become another thread about the merits of one
counter approach over another.  I just wanted to thank you for doing
so much heavy lifting for us here in 580, 1072, and related tickets.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra