From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Atomically adding a column to columns_
Date Tue, 28 Sep 2010 03:52:54 GMT
On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 1:54 PM, Peter Schuller
<peter.schuller@infidyne.com> wrote:
> In the case of this bit of code, I believe, and I am not speaking
> authoritatively, the removal only happens in (1) the read path when
> filtering results (on presumably query-local data) and (2) during
> compaction (on presumably compaction-local data).

Right, remove should only be called on local copies rather than the
global memtable.

It would be good to document this, or, since the
correct-even-for-remove logic is not much more complicated, switch to
that.

--
Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra