From Joe Stump <...@joestump.net>
Subject Re: [DISCUSSION] High-volume counters in Cassandra
Date Fri, 24 Sep 2010 15:11:59 GMT

On Sep 24, 2010, at 8:01 AM, Jeremy Hanna wrote:

> Hmmmm...  would there be any way that others in the project that are familiar with the
design could help the authors to redo some of the elements to remove the internal clock structure
and get it to work properly before 0.7.0 is finalized?  Not sure if that's feasible, but I
would just hate to see *unreconcilable* differences :).

The Digg folks can chime in, but my understanding is a large part of the issues during launch
was the vector clock / increment patch they had deployed internally. It fell over. My understanding
is it was replaced by Redis.

I don't know enough about the issues around the counters patch, but this is definitely high
on SimpleGeo's needs list.

--Joe