From Robin Bowes <robin-li...@robinbowes.com>
Subject cassandra increment counters, Jira #1072
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 08:28:46 GMT
Hi Jonathan,

I'm contacting you in your capacity as project lead for the cassandra
project. I am wondering how close ticket #1072 is to implementation [1]

We are about to do a proof of concept with cassandra to replace around
20 MySQL partitions (1 partition = 4 machines: master/slave in DC A,
master/slave in DC B).

We're essentially just counting web hits - around 10k/second at peak
times - so increment counters is pretty much essential functionality for us.

How close is the patch in #1072 to being acceptable? What is blocking it?

Thanks,

R.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-1072