From Ryan King <r...@twitter.com>
Subject Re: cassandra increment counters, Jira #1072
Date Thu, 12 Aug 2010 20:23:41 GMT
On Thu, Aug 12, 2010 at 11:21 AM, Jesse McConnell
<jesse.mcconnell@gmail.com> wrote:
> out of curiosity are you shooting for incrementing these counters 10k
> times a second for sustained periods of time?

Our use cases include 100,000's of increments a second but most of the
values will only be incremented for a relatively short window of time.

This is for a real-time analytics system we're working on for both
business and technical analytics (like system monitoring).

We're hoping to open source this system at some point, but the
architecture is dependent on having distributed counters in cassandra.

-ryan