From Jason Fager <jfa...@gmail.com>
Subject interest in minor contention issues?
Date Fri, 06 Aug 2010 20:25:33 GMT
Hi all,

I'm doing some work with the Java Debugger Interface, and I'm using
Cassandra as a test bed.  I've found a few minor contention spots
(example: MessageDigest.getInstance() being called for every
invocation of FBUtilities.hash()), but before I start possibly
spamming your jira with them, I wanted to gauge the general interest
in knowing these kinds of minor issues.  I'm happy to report them as
they come up while I'm doing my work, but if you consider them too
minor to worry about until they actually show up as impacting
performance during profiling, I don't want to annoy anyone.  Let me
know.

- Jason