incubator-cassandra-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Vijay <vijay2...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Almost time for 0.7 beta?
Date Mon, 26 Jul 2010 06:49:09 GMT
+1

Regards,
</VJ>



On Sun, Jul 25, 2010 at 1:13 PM, Stu Hood <stu.hood@rackspace.com> wrote:

> The are a few tickets affecting the public API that Rackspace would really
> like to see make it into the 0.7-beta, since they will be very difficult to
> apply once a mass of people have gone through the readTablesFromYaml
> process.
>
> In particular, we'd like to see 1066, 1237 and the portion of 1271
> modifying AccessLevel block 0.7-beta, but we're fairly certain these can be
> knocked out this week.
>
> Thanks,
> Stu
>
> -----Original Message-----
> From: "Chris Goffinet" <cg@chrisgoffinet.com>
> Sent: Saturday, July 24, 2010 9:56pm
> To: dev@cassandra.apache.org
> Cc: cassandra-dev@incubator.apache.org
> Subject: Re: Almost time for 0.7 beta?
>
> +1. Digg has been holding off until at least beta before testing. I'd love
> to start this as soon as possible.
>
> -Chris
>
> On Jul 24, 2010, at 7:49 PM, Jonathan Ellis wrote:
>
> > At the time of our last update [1], I estimated it would be 4 to 6
> > weeks until a 0.7 beta.  That was over 8 weeks ago.  Although we've
> > never adhered to a strict release schedule, I'm feeling more and more
> > like we need to stop delaying getting what is already done into
> > peoples' hands.
> >
> > Wide row support was the main "blocker" in my mind for 0.7, and that
> > was complete a month ago. [2]  Basic secondary index support will be
> > also be done in the next few days (see subtasks to [3]).  I propose
> > rolling a beta release next Friday and a release candidate two weeks
> > after that; anything not ready at that point can wait until 0.7.1 or
> > 0.8.
> >
> > The bad news is, vector clocks [4] and the Avro client api [5] will
> > probably not be ready for the beta but may be ready for the release
> > candidate.  I would be okay putting those directly into the RC since
> > they are completely optional and will not affect users who want to
> > ignore them.  (That is, more than they already have, with the Clock
> > struct in the Thrift API.)  But I don't want to slip the schedule any
> > more to wait for them.
> >
> > [1] http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cassandra.apache.org/msg00404.html
> > [2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-16
> > [3] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-749
> > [4] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-580
> > [5] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-926
> >
> > --
> > Jonathan Ellis
> > Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
> > co-founder of Riptano, the source for professional Cassandra support
> > http://riptano.com
>
>
>
>

Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message