From Masood Mortazavi <masoodmortaz...@gmail.com>
Subject Minor point on FailureDetector
Date Wed, 14 Jul 2010 00:05:56 GMT
In FailureDetector, in ArrivalWindow, in "double p(double t)",

is

        return 1 - ( 1 - Math.pow(Math.E, exponent) );

really needed, instead of

        return Math.pow(Math.E, exponent) ;

I believe the integral of the the Exponential Distribution from "t" to
infinity leads to the latter value.

While most Java compilers are probably smart enough to take care of the
redundant subtractions, there's no explanatory value I see in the former
form. I just ran into this as I was reviewing the accrual failure detector
code.

- m .