From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: set_keyspace()
Date Mon, 07 Jun 2010 04:27:04 GMT
The common case is that you will have app-per-keyspace, so switching
keyspace on an active conn is an unusual thing to do.

Optimizing the common case at the expense of the rare one is normal,
although it does sting when you're working on one of the rare ones.

On Sun, Jun 6, 2010 at 9:10 PM, Benjamin Black <b@b3k.us> wrote:
> Can someone enlighten me as to the purpose of set_keyspace() and the
> elimination of the keyspace args from calls?  I understand there was a
> discussion of the issue before I joined the list several months ago.
> For those with several keyspaces, or many keyspaces, as when using a
> keyspace per customer, it is a huge step backwards.  The change will
> require either a significant increase in the number of calls or a
> complete redesign and implementation of connection management.
> Neither is attractive.
>
> Some insight into this decision would be appreciated.

Jonathan Ellis
Project Chair, Apache Cassandra
http://riptano.com