From paul cannon <p...@riptano.com>
Subject Re: Packaging Cassandra for Ubuntu
Date Thu, 03 Jun 2010 20:53:06 GMT
On Thu, Jun 3, 2010 at 2:11 PM, Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 2010-06-03 at 07:55 -0700, Clint Byrum wrote:
>> * We will most likely conflict with the Cassandra published debian packages. Is this
acceptable? Suggested solutions?

> Ultimately, I think packages in Ubuntu/Debian can replace the builds
> currently hosted on ASF mirrors.

Probably not in cases where people want to use new releases; there is
a non-negligible time delay in getting packages into released or
"testing" suites of Ubuntu and Debian, and sometimes even into Debian
unstable.

With cassandra being a relatively fast-moving target, it is probably
still worthwhile to provide packages straight from an ASF repository.

Those same packages could be the ones submitted for inclusion in
Debian/Ubuntu, though.

--
paul, the