From Tupshin Harper <tups...@tupshin.com>
Subject Re: 0.6.3
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 20:30:38 GMT
On 6/18/2010 1:24 PM, Eric Evans wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-06-18 at 12:25 -0700, Tupshin Harper wrote:
>
>> I would like to nominate #475 for inclusion in 0.6.3. It would require
>> picking a stable recent snapshot of the thrift libs, replacing the
>> existing libthrift jar, and rebuilding interface/thrift/gen-java.
>>
> If it means rebuilding our generated code, then it means (some )users
> will need to do the same, which means incorporating Thrift up/downgrades
> into their upgrade/rollback procedures.
>
> I think it's also important to realize that as nasty as this bug is,
> it's not a recent regression (it's not a regression at all per say), and
> 0.7.0 will be a long relatively soon.
>
> I'd be interested to hear what others think, but I'm personally not very
> comfortable introducing such a change into a minor release.

I would also like to hear other opinions, but if the consensus is that
this is too big a change to introduce to 0.6.3, I'm fine with that too.
I'm rolling my own releases now, and can continue to do so. I just know
that the thrift problem has bitten a number of people and can be a hard
one for new adopters to figure out.

-Tupshin