From Tupshin Harper <tups...@tupshin.com>
Subject Re: 0.6.3
Date Fri, 18 Jun 2010 19:25:20 GMT
Contrary to my expectations and Jonathan's, Cassandra rebuilds cleanly
against the latest thrift source (and any recent snapshot), with no code
changes. This is important because it includes the patches for
which, in turn, causes
#475 is targetted for 0.7 release, but I believe that was only because
of the belief that it would require medium-scale change to the Cassandra
source, where, in fact, it requires none.

I have been running stock 0.6.2 rebuilt against a recent thrift build
for the past week and have seen no regressions and a complete fix for
the thrift exceptions (followed by OOMs) that I was previously seeing.

I would like to nominate #475 for inclusion in 0.6.3. It would require
picking a stable recent snapshot of the thrift libs, replacing the
existing libthrift jar, and rebuilding interface/thrift/gen-java.

Thoughts?

-Tupshin