From Ronald Park <ronald.p...@cbs.com>
Subject New keyspace loading creates 'master'
Date Thu, 10 Jun 2010 22:16:44 GMT
Hi,

We've been fiddling around with a small Cassandra cluster, bringing
nodes up and down, to get a feel for how things are replicated and how
spinning up a new node works (before having to learn it live :).  We are
using the trunk because we want to use the expiration feature.  Along
with that comes the new keyspace api to load the 'schema'.

What we found was that, if the node on which we originally installed the
keyspace was down when a new node is added, the new node does not get
the keyspace schema.  In some regards, it is now the 'master', at least
in distributing the keyspace data.  Is this a known limitation?

Thanks,
Ron