From Jeremy Hanna <jeremy.hanna1...@gmail.com>
Subject Hadoop package exposed through thrift
Date Tue, 08 Jun 2010 20:45:57 GMT
When I gave a presentation on cassandra+hadoop, some ruby folks were wondering about the possibility
of using the MapReduce functionality in a language other than Java.

I was just wondering if any thought was given to exposing the org.apache.cassandra.hadoop
functionality through thrift.  That way the MapReduce code could be used by several languages
and secondarily by client authors.

I'm just trying to see if there is any reason why it wasn't exposed through thrift or if more
needs to be done before it could be exposed to languages other than Java.

Thanks,

Jeremy