From "David Timothy Strauss" <da...@fourkitchens.com>
Subject Re: Atomic Compare and Swap
Date Sun, 20 Jun 2010 22:08:18 GMT
That is impossible to implement without making the write path at least as slow as the read
path. Things like this typically get layed on Cassandra by using an external locking framework,
like Zookeeper.

-----Original Message-----
From: Rishi Bhardwaj <khichrishi@yahoo.com>
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 14:57:46
To: <dev@cassandra.apache.org>
Subject: Atomic Compare and Swap

Hi

I was wondering if Cassandra has any plans for supporting atomic compare and swap operation
on a column value? Compare could be on timestamp for the column or the column value itself
and the write of course is on the column value + a new timestamp. If there are no plans on
supporting such an operation, how difficult would it be to implement such a functionality?
I would be interested to start working on this if no one else is doing so and would really
appreciate any pointers in the right direction in how to contribute here.

Thanks,
Rishi