From gabriele renzi <rff....@gmail.com>
Subject Re: admin web UI
Date Fri, 07 May 2010 07:24:40 GMT
On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 7:00 PM, Nathan McCall <nate@vervewireless.com> wrote:

> FYI - I asked a similar question in #cassandra-dev yesterday (based on
> this message thread actually) and was directed to this issue:

Interesting, but it seems the objection is more on the geneal idea of
"multiple APIs are a pain to mantain" than on the idea of having a
simple way for plugging external components with a lifecycle.
Maybe there is still space for such a minor patch?

(Also, though I understand the reasoning "one API should be enough for
everyone and two is too much for us" I don't see why such an option
should be ruled out for third parties, but I guess other people have
already put more thought than me in this)

--
blog en: http://www.riffraff.info
blog it: http://riffraff.blogsome.com