From Peng Guo <gpcus...@gmail.com>
Subject Can't stop org.apache.cassandra.service.StorageService.stopClient()
Date Fri, 21 May 2010 02:39:09 GMT
Hi All

This is my test code:
    public static void main(String[] args) throws IOException,
InterruptedException {
        System.setProperty("storage-config",
"D:\\apache-cassandra-0.6.1\\conf");

        StorageService.instance.initClient();

        StorageService.instance.stopClient();
    }

I find when I run this code, the process can't stop.

for I use the jstack look at this process, I find the CONSISTENCY-MANAGER
thread is still running.

So I modify the code in StorageService.java  like this:

    public void stopClient()
    {
        Gossiper.instance.unregister(this);
        Gossiper.instance.stop();
        MessagingService.shutdown();
        StageManager.shutdownNow();

        // this is added to stop the CONSISTENCY-MANAGER thread
        consistencyManager_.shutdownNow();
    }

Can I commit this code in to svn branch?

Thanks.

--
Regards
   Peng Guo