From Roger Schildmeijer <schildmei...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Bootstrap source code
Date Sun, 02 May 2010 16:50:51 GMT
s/hinted handoff/read repair

> (Moved to developers mailing list)
>
> Without delve to deep into to that part of the code my educated(?) guess is that this
will (eventually) be solved/repaired thanks to hinted handoff and anti entropy service.

> On 2 maj 2010, at 18.29em, Bill Hastings wrote:
>
>> Hi
>>
>> I have looking at the bootstrap source and seem to understand it for the most part.
This is what I do not follow:

>> (1) New node joins and doesn't advertise its token.
>> (2) Requests nodes to send it data. The nodes that need to send it data first flush
memtables and then transfer SSTables.

>> Once the streaming is over the new node advertises its token and starts handling
reads and writes correct? But what happens to keys that are being written to the old nodes
after the memtables have been dumped. Looks like there is a window where keys would be going
to the old nodes and not making it to the new nodes. Am I missing something here.