From Anthony Molinaro <>
Subject GMFD messages
Date Wed, 26 May 2010 15:59:30 GMT

  I noticed yesterday I have lots of these messages

INFO [GMFD:1] 2010-05-25 23:21:04,070 (line 152)
  Remaining bytes zero. Stopping deserialization in EndPointState.
INFO [GMFD:1] 2010-05-25 23:21:05,224 (line 129)
  @@@@ Breaking out to respect the MTU size in EPS. Estimate is 56 @@@@

The first message only occurs on some machines in my cluster.  The second
on all of them.

The ones with the first message seem to be building up quite a backlog
in their MessageDeserializer PendingTasks.

I assume there is a correlation, what could be causing this sort of thing?

This cluster is now at 27 m1.xlarge boxes on ec2 running 0.6.2 of some flavor.

I ended up restarting one of the boxes which was behind and when it came
back it only had some parts of the ring, so I shutdown everything, brought
the seed nodes back, then brought the rest back and that seemed to fix
things, but this definitely seems like some sort of bug with gossip?

Anthony Molinaro                           <>

View raw message