From Tatu Saloranta <tsalora...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Thoughts on issue 697 (Mitigate unpublished dependencies when using Cassandra with Maven)
Date Sat, 10 Apr 2010 23:50:41 GMT
On Sat, Apr 10, 2010 at 7:10 AM, Hannes Schmidt <hannes@eyealike.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 12:24 PM, Gary Dusbabek <gdusbabek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Why?  "To make things easier for mvn users" isn't enough of an
>> argument to convince me.
>>

> I can't really help you with that. Maven users make up a considerable
> segment of your potential user base. If making life easier for them doesn't
> motivate you, I am not sure what does. It surely isn't a sense for the
> community.

How about stopping asking for others do the work, and doing it
yourself, if YOU care so much?
This approach (of actually DOING something) has been suggested
multiple times: and next comments is likely to be along lines of "just
fuck off".
And please do not talk as if you represented significant segment of
unhappy users -- if there are others, they are quite capable of
speaking up to support your request.

Pardon my french, but this seems to fall to the repugnant category of
"not enough time to help, enough time to whine".

-+ Tatu +-

ps. I'm not part of project team, and above opinion is my personal
one. Just so there's no misunderstanding.