From Matthew Dennis <mden...@merfer.net>
Subject Re: python web framework suggestions (for Cassandra Web UI) needed
Date Fri, 09 Apr 2010 16:57:21 GMT
On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 11:42 AM, gabriele renzi <rff.rff@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Fri, Apr 9, 2010 at 4:55 PM, Pablo Cuadrado <pablocuadrado@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > - Really small footprint is a plus: "do we really need to include
> > that, and that, and that other thing?"
>
> as I can imagine your app won't have any state per se, so you don't
> have any DB issues, you probably won't even need sessions, why not use
> simpler environments? I loved CherryPy some years ago, and there are
> plenty of new microframeworks such as Bottle which seem more fitting
> to _this_ bullet point than django and pylons.

Pylons makes it easy to add/remove/change the way sessions are done, this is
one of the reasons I like it so much - nearly everything is easy to disable
or replace.

Don't want sessions? You don't have to include them in Pylons.

Want to store them only in a encrypted cookie or only on disk or only in a
RDMBS?  no problem.

Want to store sessions in Cassandra (which if you use them, I imagine you
do)?  It's simple enough to add that, the main part you have to write is the
storage and retrieval to/from Cassandra - the rest is basically a small bit
of config that says "use this other thing for storing sessions"