From "Lu Ming" <xl...@live.com>
Subject Cassandra 0.5.1 slow down after doing a lot of inserts
Date Fri, 16 Apr 2010 15:33:38 GMT
Hi:
   We have build a  storage system with 4 nodes in the cluster. We use the default configuration
file,
every node have 2*E5504 CPU, 8G memory and 6*1T Sata disk.  The cluster stores about 600G
data.

   We found that Cassandra 0.5.1 ALWAYS slow down after a lot of inserts. When it happens,
CPU and Disk load
are very low. We use "tpstats" nodetools and find that more than 300,000  row-mutations is
still pending and
the write speed is no more than 100~200 row-mutations per second.
  It also happens when  Cassandra starts and replays a large commitlog file. So we must cost
several hours to
wait it finishs startup.

  The Faq of Cassandra tells that it is caused by GC?  any other explaining?

thanks a lot.