From Morten Wegelbye Nissen <...@monit.dk>
Subject Naming in sourcecode
Date Mon, 05 Apr 2010 21:49:27 GMT
Hi Sirs,

I have for CASSANDRA-859 removed the keyspace part from the whole cli
syntax. And made i possible to change keyspace. Current keyspace is
stored in the client.

Natural next step for me is to remove the keyspace part in the server
side, So next step was to go for CASSANDRA-714 - this took me a little
more into the details on how the server side is working. Doing my
browsing around of how stuff works I see that from time to time the
keyspace is named a keyspace, and in other cases its a table.
Is there any logic in when what word is used? Lagacy? Or is it just
becuase someone likes the one word over the other?

To my limited knowledge so far, if one really wants to "map" the therms
to rldbms words, I see the keyspace as a schema, and the cf's as tables, no?

./Morten

btw. If one tries to run inside eclipse jline.terminal =
jline.UnsupportedTerminal is very usefull.