From "Bingbing Liu" <rucb...@gmail.com>
Subject why read operation use so much of memory?
Date Mon, 19 Apr 2010 01:40:19 GMT
Hi,all

I have a cluster of 5 nodes, each node has a 4 cores cpu and 8 G Memory.

I use the 0.6-beta3 cassandra for testting.

First , i insert 6,000,000 rows each of which is 1k bytes, the speed of write is so excited.

But then ,when i read them each row at a time from two clients at the same time ,one of the
client is very slow and use so long a time,

i find that on each node the process of Cassandra occupy 7 G memory or so (use the "top" command),
that puzzled me.

Why read operation use so much of memory? May be i missed something?

Thx.

2010-04-18

Bingbing Liu