From Eric Evans <>
Subject Re: loading schema in trunk
Date Tue, 13 Apr 2010 14:08:44 GMT
On Tue, 2010-04-13 at 08:44 -0500, Gary Dusbabek wrote:
> 2010/4/13 Ted Zlatanov <>:
> > Should the functionality be exposed only through JMX, through nodetool,
> > or through cassandra-cli?  I'll create the ticket if you like and then I
> > or whoever wants to can work on it.

> I prefer thrift (and nodetool), but I'd like to hear thoughts from the
> community.

If we're going to do this, I suggest a separate utility scoped at
migrating existing definitions from an 0.6 configuration (and nothing
else), and then deprecate it right off the bat (read: for removal in

The point here is to be as clear as possible that it is transient, and
shouldn't be adopted as a management tool.

Eric Evans

View raw message