From Michael Rother <michael.rot...@ericsson.com>
Subject Using Java Classes
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 18:45:51 GMT
I reviewed the data model and reviewed the posting on the Cassandra Data Model (WTF is a SuperColumn).
I am try to take the addess example and implement using the thrift generated Java classes.
 The address book example is a SuperColumn of SuperColumns.

AddressBook = { // this is a ColumnFamily of type Super
    User1: {
        friend1: {street: "8th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state: "CA"},
        friend2: {street: "9th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state: "CA"},
    }, // end row
    User2: {
        friend3: {street: "10th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state: "CA"},
        friend4: {street: "11th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state: "CA"},
    }, // end row
}

I see using the java classes to add a User SuperColumn. However, I cannot see how to add the
friend SuperColumn. I could not find examples on how to achieve this. Can someone give me
an example or point to some existing code?