From Primal Wijesekera <primalwijesek...@yahoo.com>
Subject Cassandra on top of B-Tree
Date Sun, 28 Mar 2010 21:11:18 GMT
Hi All,

I am a master student in UBC CS dept. I along with one of my lab mates are trying to implement
the Cassandra on top of a B-Tree implementation rather than of DHT approach that we have right
now. We hope to do benchmarking the two approaches and really want to see which one scales
better.

In the lab we already have a project (which is not yet completed) on developing a Distributed
B-Tree on top of a Sinfonia like system. We would be trying to integrate the Cassandra source
with the B-tree preserving the rest of the Cassandra logic.

Since we are still in its very early stage of this experiment, thought of getting your expert
thoughts and comments on this and we were wondering whether this could be a potential GSoc
project as well.
 Regards,
Primal