From Byron Clark <by...@theclarkfamily.name>
Subject Re: Using Java Classes
Date Tue, 16 Mar 2010 19:50:22 GMT
On Tue, Mar 16, 2010 at 02:45:51PM -0400, Michael Rother wrote:
> I reviewed the data model and reviewed the posting on the Cassandra Data Model (WTF is
a SuperColumn). I am try to take the addess example and implement using the thrift generated
Java classes.  The address book example is a SuperColumn of SuperColumns.

> AddressBook = { // this is a ColumnFamily of type Super
>     User1: {
>         friend1: {street: "8th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state:
"CA"},
>         friend2: {street: "9th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state:
"CA"},
>     }, // end row
>     User2: {
>         friend3: {street: "10th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state:
"CA"},
>         friend4: {street: "11th street", zip: "90210", city: "Beverley Hills", state:
"CA"},
>     }, // end row
> }
>
> I see using the java classes to add a User SuperColumn. However, I cannot see how to
add the friend SuperColumn. I could not find examples on how to achieve this. Can someone
give me an example or point to some existing code?

In your example, each User is a row and each Friend is a SuperColumn.

--
Byron Clark