From Kushal Pisavadia <kush...@gmail.com>
Subject Performance regression tests
Date Sun, 21 Mar 2010 23:09:02 GMT
I was looking at this idea for GSoC2010:

I've put a comment on that ticket, but am going to post here as well
as it seems to be more active. Sorry for the double post.

If this is going to be part of the continuous integration process
(assuming Hudson?) what limits would be put on it? How exhaustive
should it be? testing only reads/writes? across nodes? I've been
playing around with Cassandra a little, but am yet to use all of it's
features.

How related is this to this ticket:

If you're planning on making the regression tests part of a CI
process, then the virtualised node instances does look impressive. My
only concern is that I haven't been able to get it to build. Is this
is within the scope of the first ticket I linked to? If so I might
e-mail the team from Yahoo about how they've used it successfully.

- Kushal