From Michael Pearson <mjpear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: column sizes (was: online codes (?))
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:49:54 GMT
Thanks for the Gossip note, I'll keep reading up on the protocols.
For key/column/disk I meant in terms of the Cassandra limitation -

"The main limitation on column and supercolumn size is that all data
for a single key and column must fit (on disk) on a single machine in
the cluster."

Is it right to think an entire supercolumn (so, possibly a very wide
supercolumn of large object columns depending on the applications data
model) needs to fit on a single node or am I off the mark.

-Michael