From Michael Pearson <mjpear...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: column sizes (was: online codes (?))
Date Wed, 03 Feb 2010 22:25:41 GMT
I'd imagine the gossip overhead and key/column per disk limitation is
too open for abuse to recommend storing lob columns with any level of
predictability, particularly if frequent updates are involved.  Would
you say it's generally better form to store manifests or file pointers
only, and send the physical files on properly replicated distributed
filesystems?  I've never been sold on lobs even in RDBMS land.

-Michael

--
http://www.x0rz.com
http://www.github.com/mjpearson