From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: thinking about dropping hinted handoff
Date Tue, 23 Feb 2010 21:50:28 GMT
On Tue, 23 Feb 2010 15:25:29 -0600 Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

JE> no.
>>
>> Is there value (for reaching consistency) in adding that functionality?

JE> No.

JE> Thanks for the easy questions today. :)

You're welcome.  I don't understand why it doesn't help reach
consistency, though.  If you turn all the nodes in a cluster read-only
at the API level, what can make them inconsistent besides inter-node
traffic and scheduled writes?  I'd assume that activity will die down
eventually; can Cassandra tell a monitoring agent through JMX when it is
over?

Ted