From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: bitmap slices
Date Thu, 04 Feb 2010 16:53:10 GMT
On Thu, 4 Feb 2010 09:39:55 -0600 Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

JE> 2010/2/4 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
JE> The mask check needs to be done in the Slice Filter, not SP.
>>
>> Sorry, I don't know what you mean.  Are you referring to
>> o.a.c.db.filter.SliceQueryFilter?  So I'd just add an extra parameter to
>> the constructor and change the matching logic?

JE> Right, but make it optional.

JE> All right, let's give it a try.

I created http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/CASSANDRA-764 and put up
an unfinished patch to do the API support, with a request for advice.

I am still learning the internals so I'll take time to implement the
SliceQueryFilter matching.  If anyone more knowledgeable wants to do
that part, it would be appreciated and I can learn from it :)

Thanks
Ted