From Anthony Molinaro <antho...@alumni.caltech.edu>
Subject Re: Problem upgrading from 0.4.2 to 0.5.0 final
Date Tue, 19 Jan 2010 22:52:06 GMT
Right, as I mentioned in my first post, I ran nodeprobe flush first, then
rolled forward.  However, I checked and the commitlogs were non-zero so
maybe it didn't take.  A roll back to 0.4.2 and a restart caused the
commit logs to get flushed, then I reran nodeprobe flush again, then
checked commit log sizes and restarted.  Seems like it's doing something
now, and not running out of memory, so hopefully it worked.

Next time I run, I'll call nodeprobe flush and check commit log sizes
prior to shutting instances down, then maybe it won't be an issue.

-Anthony

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 05:40:27PM -0500, Ray Slakinski wrote:
> The commit log format is different from 0.4.2 to 0.5.0, you might want to roll back to
0.4.2 and do a nodeprobe flush, then upgrade to 0.5.0. If you dont need the commit log data
you can always remove it before starting 0.5.0, but only do so if your ok with possibly loosing
some data.