From Ted Zlatanov <>
Subject Re: build fails with "ant clean gen-thrift-java build"
Date Tue, 01 Dec 2009 21:26:21 GMT
On Tue, 01 Dec 2009 14:47:54 -0600 Eric Evans <> wrote:

EE> On Tue, 2009-12-01 at 11:36 -0600, Ted Zlatanov wrote:
>> I am getting this error with a fresh SVN checkout (but not if I just do
>> a build).  Am I missing something?  Reading the Ant build.xml didn't
>> help, I don't see a better way to generate the bindings.  I thought it
>> was my auth work but this happens from SVN as well (I need to regenerate
>> the Thrift bindings because I provide extra methods and exceptions).

EE> When/where did your thrift come from? I'm guessing this is either a recent regression

EE> there, or that you're using a version that is too old. FWIW, r808609 seems OK.

I did a fresh SVN checkout this morning and then clean, gen-thrift-java,
build (as the command line shows).  Does that exact same sequence work
for you?  I'm at r885937, the SVN head as of now.

Without regenerating the Thrift stuff, everything works.  The complaint
refers to constructors that should not be possible based on the Thrift
file (but again, it's my first time using Thrift).

View raw message