From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: build fails with "ant clean gen-thrift-java build"
Date Tue, 22 Dec 2009 21:42:15 GMT
On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 14:27:44 -0600 Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

JE> 2009/12/22 Ted Zlatanov <tzz@lifelogs.com>:
>> Looks like this is not getting changed and Cassandra must cope with
>> Thrift's new constructors instead.  Will the updated code make it into
>> SVN so I can do my auth patch against it?

JE> As soon as such a patch is contributed, sure.

Are you asking for a patch to fix up Cassandra's use of the old-style
Thrift constructors?

It seems, from the THRIFT-529 discussion, that it's just a matter of
creating the objects with only the required fields and then setting the
optional parameters every time.  But would you (as Gary IIRC mentioned
earlier) prefer the old constructors back instead to minimize changes to
Cassandra?  I think biting the bullet and sticking to only what Thrift
generates is better for the sake of sanity, so I would get rid of the
old constructors even though it's painful.

Ted