From Jonathan Ellis <>
Subject Re: 0.5->0.9 storage updater
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:57:18 GMT
2009/11/20 Ted Zlatanov <>:
> As a related issue, it would be nice to have a utility that either dumps
> a whole key or a whole keyspace in some format (YAML, XML, whatever)
> without access to the machine where Cassandra lives.  I didn't see such
> a beast in the repos or any of the tools out there.

That's because it doesn't make sense. :)

Dumping that kind of data volume only really makes sense locally.  And
if you can't run it locally, scp the data files to a machine you can
run it on, and do it there.

(The local export tool, for those who don't know, is bin/sstable2json.
 That should have made CHANGES.txt, but didn't.  Oops.)

> There doesn't seem to be a way to get all the keys in a keyspace in the
> API (with a random partitioner, the order preserving partitioner can
> enumerate the keys).  This would be a problem in writing such a tool,
> right?

Also true.

View raw message