From Shreya Chakravarty <shreya_chakrava...@persistent.co.in>
Subject RE: Issue in data read from a cluster node
Date Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:17:53 GMT
Hi

Changing replication factor worked !!
Thanks

Thanks & Regards,
Shreya Chakravarty

From: Jonathan Ellis [mailto:jbellis@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 16, 2009 6:40 PM
To: cassandra-dev@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue in data read from a cluster node

What is your replication factor? And what internal error is getting logged?

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 2:04 AM, Shreya Chakravarty
<shreya_chakravarty@persistent.co.in> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have created a Cassandra cluster of 3 nodes and using a java program on another machine
to insert and read data.

> Scenario I am testing is:
> I bring up 3 nodes in a cluster, insert data into one of them, bring down one node and
try and read data.

> Ex:
> Cluster :
> NodeA
> NodeB
> NodeC
>
> I inserted data into NodeA successfully and read back from it or any other node in cluster.
Then I brought down NodeB and tried to read data again from NodeA and NodeC it gives the following
error:
> org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error processing get_slice
>        at org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:107)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Client.recv_get_slice(Cassandra.java:121)
>        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Client.get_slice(Cassandra.java:100)
>        at com.cassandra.VClient.get_slice(Unknown Source)
>        at com.client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:33)
>
> Shouldn't I be able to read data from any node even if I bring down the node where I
inserted data or some other nodes in the cluster?

> Thanks & Regards,
> Shreya
>

> DISCLAIMER
of Persistent Systems Ltd. It is intended only for the use of the individual or entity to
which it is addressed. If you are not the intended recipient, you are not authorized to read,
retain, copy, print, distribute or use this message. If you have received this communication

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.