From Shreya Chakravarty <shreya_chakrava...@persistent.co.in>
Subject Issue in data read from a cluster node
Date Mon, 16 Nov 2009 08:04:10 GMT
Hi,

I have created a Cassandra cluster of 3 nodes and using a java program on another machine
to insert and read data.

Scenario I am testing is:
I bring up 3 nodes in a cluster, insert data into one of them, bring down one node and try
and read data.

Ex:
Cluster :
NodeA
NodeB
NodeC

I inserted data into NodeA successfully and read back from it or any other node in cluster.
Then I brought down NodeB and tried to read data again from NodeA and NodeC it gives the following
error:
org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException: Internal error processing get_slice
        at org.apache.thrift.TApplicationException.read(TApplicationException.java:107)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Client.recv_get_slice(Cassandra.java:121)
        at org.apache.cassandra.service.Cassandra$Client.get_slice(Cassandra.java:100)
        at com.cassandra.VClient.get_slice(Unknown Source)
        at com.client.TestClient.main(TestClient.java:33)

Shouldn't I be able to read data from any node even if I bring down the node where I inserted
data or some other nodes in the cluster?

Thanks & Regards,
Shreya

DISCLAIMER
any liability for virus infected mails.