From Ted Zlatanov <...@lifelogs.com>
Subject Re: 0.5->0.9 storage updater
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 20:44:25 GMT
On Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:02:15 -0600 Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

JE> On Fri, Nov 20, 2009 at 12:58 PM, Gary Dusbabek <gdusbabek@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The storage file format didn't change moving from 0.4->0.5.  But I
>> know of at least one change scheduled for 0.9 that does change the
>> storage format and suspect there might be others.
>>
>> At what point should we start concerning ourselves with the ability to
>> upgrade data from one version format to another?

JE> As soon as we actually change the storage format again. :)

As a related issue, it would be nice to have a utility that either dumps
a whole key or a whole keyspace in some format (YAML, XML, whatever)
without access to the machine where Cassandra lives.  I didn't see such
a beast in the repos or any of the tools out there.

There doesn't seem to be a way to get all the keys in a keyspace in the
API (with a random partitioner, the order preserving partitioner can
enumerate the keys).  This would be a problem in writing such a tool,
right?  Or did I miss something?

Ted