From Paul Sabou <paul.sa...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: 2 problems running Cassandra as a developper
Date Sat, 14 Nov 2009 15:12:51 GMT
Hi,

Thank you for your quick answer. Now it works. You are perfectly right.

On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:

> first just get it working: ant; bin/cassandra -f
>
> the EOF during recovery looks like you are trying to run trunk against
> 0.4 commitlog files, which doesn't work (flush the 0.4 install first
> to clean out commit logs)

What happened :
(1) cassandra uses two places to store stuff (log's, commit logs, etc.) :
- "/var/lib/cassandra"
- "/var/log/cassandra"
(2) before downloading the trunk I have installed the cassandra binary
(version 0.4) and runned it
(3) cassandra (0.4) dumbed some commit logs in those directories
(4) i downloaded the source files from trunk that belong to a version > 0.4
(5) when I tried to run it from eclipse (from the main class) it tried to
reload the commit logs from the two directories ("/var/lib/cassandra" and
"/var/log/cassndra") but because the log files had an old format (0.4
format) => it crashed

After i have deleted the commit log files I can start it from main. Great.

What can I do to run the tests?

best regards
Paul.