From ant elder <ant.el...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Graduation?
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 13:09:14 GMT
On Thu, Nov 19, 2009 at 7:17 PM, Eric Evans <eevans@rackspace.com> wrote:

> That being said, I don't think anyone in the "should be frowned upon"
> camp were swayed, and we have to do what the IPMC tells us to (if we
> want to graduate), so what choice do we have?

The IPMC doesn't like telling poddlings what to do, they like them to
work things out for themselves. The question was asked and people gave
they views, and some sounded like strongly held views. No one said
they would -1 a graduation vote but that may just be because thats not
what the question on general@ asked. You could ask that specific
question, or you could just hold a graduation vote to see. Or you
could first try to appease those not in favour of RTC by trying to
make some changes - could CTR be tried for a while to see how it goes?
Or try CTR for just non-critical bits of code, or only for smaller
changes? Maybe it will work now, but if it doesn't you can at least
then say look we tried but it doesn't work for this project.

   ...ant