From ant elder <antel...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Graduation?
Date Wed, 18 Nov 2009 22:26:41 GMT
On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Jonathan Ellis <jbellis@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 12, 2009 at 1:44 AM, ant elder <ant.elder@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> In a practice:
>>>
>>>  1. Folks attach patches to Jira issues, (committers too).
>>>  2. Someone (anyone really) gives it at least a once over and ...
>>>   2a. +1s the change
>>>   2b. provides feedback, (goto #1)
>>>  3. A committer commits the patch
>>>

>> How do you get people to review and +1 the JIRAs, I never see dev list
>> posts asking for JIRA patches to be reviewed so how is that happening?
>>
>> Looking at the commit history its only two people doing 99% of the
>> commits, where are most of the patches coming from? If other
>> committers are submitting patches why is it only those two committing
>> them?
>
> (Looks like this discussion moved to incubator-general.)

Its been a while now and the discussion has died down, for those that
don't have it here's the link to that discussion thread:
http://apache.markmail.org/message/hsa4mgzgj2nylegy

Looking at whats been said its quite evenly split with about half
saying RTC could be ok and half suggesting RTC should be frowned upon.
So what to do?  Optimistically push on with graduation and hope people
don't vote against it due to this? Modify the current commit process
somehow?

   ...ant