From Ray Slakinski <r...@mahalo.com>
Subject Re: Cassandra users survey
Date Fri, 20 Nov 2009 23:42:17 GMT
Hello!

Mahalo is currently testing Cassandra as an alternative data store to MySQL
for certain pieces of our data. We are close to production which would see a
move of 15 million rows from one table into a cluster which we hope will
increase speed and allow us to scale the data as it grows more easily than
on MySQL.

We also have a short url product and would like to move its stats collecting
data to Cassandra as well, to do this we would love an incr/decr feature
like memcache/memcachedb has. I'm not sure if this is outside of the scope
of Cassandra or not, but I did notice on this list it was requested before
but thought I'd reitterate again in hopes it gets into the feature list.

Ray Slakinski