From Eric Evans <eev...@rackspace.com>
Subject Re: Graduation?
Date Mon, 23 Nov 2009 17:04:11 GMT
On Fri, 2009-11-20 at 13:09 +0000, ant elder wrote:
> > That being said, I don't think anyone in the "should be frowned
> > upon" camp were swayed, and we have to do what the IPMC tells us
> > to (if we want to graduate), so what choice do we have?
>
> The IPMC doesn't like telling poddlings what to do, they like them to
> work things out for themselves.

I understand what you're saying, and I honestly believe that the
structure put in place and the the people involved are well-meaning, but
the simple fact of that matter is that the IPMC is in a position of
power over this project.

> The question was asked and people gave they views, and some sounded
> like strongly held views. No one said they would -1 a graduation vote
> but that may just be because thats not what the question on general@
> asked. You could ask that specific question, or you could just hold a
> graduation vote to see. Or you could first try to appease those not in
> favour of RTC by trying to make some changes

... and say that we worked it out for ourselves? :)

>  - could CTR be tried for a while to see how it goes? Or try CTR for
> just non-critical bits of code, or only for smaller changes? Maybe it
> will work now, but if it doesn't you can at least then say look we
> tried but it doesn't work for this project.

We are using CTR for minor non-intrusive changes, build, scripts,
documentation, etc.

--
Eric Evans
eevans@rackspace.com