From Eric Evans <>
Subject Re: Graduation?
Date Thu, 19 Nov 2009 19:17:11 GMT
On Wed, 2009-11-18 at 22:26 +0000, ant elder wrote:
> Looking at whats been said its quite evenly split with about half
> saying RTC could be ok and half suggesting RTC should be frowned upon.
> So what to do?  Optimistically push on with graduation and hope people
> don't vote against it due to this? Modify the current commit process
> somehow?

I didn't think that anyone was able to demonstrate an actual problem.
There was plenty of discussion about why it's bad, past experiences,
etc, but no one was able to point at something specific and say, "See,
this right here is indicative of the shortcomings of your workflow".

That being said, I don't think anyone in the "should be frowned upon"
camp were swayed, and we have to do what the IPMC tells us to (if we
want to graduate), so what choice do we have?

Eric Evans

View raw message