From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: bootstrap & rack aware on Cassandra4.1
Date Fri, 30 Oct 2009 16:45:35 GMT
Oh, I misunderstood -- you're not trying to bootstrap, but getting
this error anyway.

I'd probably call this "wontfix" for 0.4 since the fix is basically
all the work on ReplicationStrategy that's been done for 0.5, which
shouldn't be backported to a stable release imo.  The silver lining is
that 0.5 will be out soon.

If you want a workaround in the meantime, make
getWriteStorageEndPoints just return getReadStorageEndPoints(token)
which will not treat bootstrap nodes correctly but it should work fine
otherwise. :)

-Jonathan

On Fri, Oct 30, 2009 at 10:39 AM, Paderno Giampaolo
<Giampaolo.Paderno@yoox.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the reply, in the meantime it's possible to manage replica between two datacenter
with 0.4.1 even without bootstrap? In other words is it possible to write on a rack-aware
node? If so can you post me a sample configuration?