From Jonathan Ellis <jbel...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: trouble running Cassandra nosetests
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:53:25 GMT
Are there unkilled cassandra java processes hanging around?  Do you
get the same thing if you kill them, r/m the pid, and try again?  What
platform is this?  What version of cassandra?

On Wed, Oct 14, 2009 at 8:47 PM, Walter Gillett
<walter_gillett@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> I'm a Cassandra newbie working on getting my sandbox up to speed. Following the instructions
on HowToContribute, I've gotten far enough along to be able to run "ant test" without any
errors. But "nosetests" is failing, see details below. Looks like the test teardown routine
is unhappy because the pid it's trying to kill has already died. Before I get into a detailed
dive to figure out what's going wrong, thought I'd check with the community to see if I'm
missing something obvious. (Is it easy to run nosetests in the debugger and step through the
code?). Thanks,