From Walter Gillett <walter_gill...@yahoo.com>
Subject trouble running Cassandra nosetests
Date Thu, 15 Oct 2009 01:47:09 GMT
Hi All,

I'm a Cassandra newbie working on getting my sandbox up to speed. Following the instructions
on HowToContribute, I've gotten far enough along to be able to run "ant test" without any
errors. But "nosetests" is failing, see details below. Looks like the test teardown routine
is unhappy because the pid it's trying to kill has already died. Before I get into a detailed
dive to figure out what's going wrong, thought I'd check with the community to see if I'm
missing something obvious. (Is it easy to run nosetests in the debugger and step through the
code?). Thanks,

Walter Gillett

here's the test failure:

$ nosetests -x
ERROR: system.test_server.TestMutations.test_bad_calls
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/nose-0.11.1-py2.6.egg/nose/case.py", line
364, in setUp
    try_run(self.inst, ('setup', 'setUp'))
  File "/usr/local/lib/python2.6/dist-packages/nose-0.11.1-py2.6.egg/nose/util.py", line
487, in try_run
    return func()
  File "/home/wgillett/dev/cassandra-trunk/test/system/__init__.py", line 59, in setUp
    sys.exit()
SystemExit:
Unclean shutdown detected, (/home/wgillett/dev/cassandra-trunk/system_test.pid found)

Ran 1 test in 0.062s

FAILED (errors=1)