From Ranjan Kumar <ranjan4un...@gmail.com>
Subject large data insert and flushing commitlog
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 11:07:58 GMT
Hello!
we are trying to load a large volume of data and we wish to flush the
commitlog after a certain interval or after a certain no. of rows insertion.

we observed that cassandra flushes the commitlog only on startup. In our
case all our data are flushed only at cassandra restart.

Also if someone could shed some light on the use of 'FlushPeriodInMinutes'
in the storage-conf.xml it will be very useful to us. we have set the
'FlushPeriodInMinutes' to 60 yet the data flushing  takes place only on
restart not after 60 minutes.
thanks

--
Ranjan Kumar